Having a healthy sexuality can mean many different things to many different people. Healthy sexuality encompasses:
- Understanding if and when you are ready for sex
- Being aware that there is a spectrum of sexuality and gender identity
- Deciding which methods of birth control and methods of protection you choose to use
- Being able to get tested for STIs and/or pregnancy, and being open with your healthcare provider about any concerns you may have
- Feeling able to demand sexual respect
and so much more! Conversations about sex and sexuality can be challenging, but it is important to have open communication with intimate partners to ensure the best sexual experience possible.
We provide barrier methods
A huge component of sexual health is finding the protection that is right for you! SSAC offers FREE male/external condoms, female/internal condoms, dental dams, and lubrication for Mason students. We have a mix of condoms including non-latex, non-lubricated, colored, ribbed, varying sizes and flavors. Protection does not stop there – learn about the many types of methods available! For other types of hormonal and non-hormonal birth control options, feel free to visit Student Health Services, your local health department or health clinics such as Planned Parenthood.